Office and Program Assistant
The Charles H. Revson Foundation is an independent, nonprofit grantmaking organization founded in 1956 with a commitment to “the spread of knowledge” and “the improvement of human life,” making grants in the areas of urban affairs, education, Jewish life, and biomedical research.
The Office and Program Assistant handles day-to-day operations and logistics, contributes to program work, and provides support to the accounting, finance, and HR functions of the Foundation.
- Compose write-ups for Board Discretionary grants
- Discuss project details with some grantees
- Contribute to special projects/special events
- Provide backup support to the Grants Manager (assist with Foundant database, help create grant files)
Support the work of the President:
- Track the President’s schedule and update on Outlook, as needed
- Book travel for the President
- Compile monthly expense reports for the President
- Set up meetings for the President
- Other support tasks as needed
- Act as liaison to the Board of Directors
- Liaise with the Trustees before and after Board Meetings
- Compile and edit the Board Book
- Handle logistics for meetings and travel
- Help digitalize the office
- Perform routine computer maintenance and troubleshooting
- Work with tech consultants to resolve IT issues
- Assist with Foundation website maintenance and updates
- Maintain supplies inventory
- Greet guests and set up for meetings
- Track staff attendance and update attendance sheets monthly
- Manage vendor relations and contracts
- Work with building staff
- Answer phone, screen calls, process mail
- Other office-management and operations tasks as needed
Accounting, Finance, and HR department:
- Assist with processing office related invoices
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget schedules
- Assist with preparation of schedules for annual audit and tax filings.
- Compile monthly expense reports for Controller
- Work on expense-related projects
- Draft Historical Financial Data for Board Meeting
- Provide recordkeeping support
- Other assistance to Controller and Chief Financial & Administrative Officer as needed
- Actively seek out, develop, and implement efficiency improvements
- Keep procedures manuals up to date
- Collaborate with other staff as needed
- Opportunities for additional program work will depend on needs, ability, interest, and availability
- 1-2 years applicable experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrable experience and capability in duties
- Proficiency with computers and Excel a must
- Experience with Adobe, MS Office, WordPress, Foundant, and databases a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and formal writing skills
- Interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, and the Foundation’s program areas
- High attention to detail
- Must be well organized and able to juggle a constant variety of tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Must be motivated, reliable, and punctual
- Must work well individually and with minimal oversight, as well as collaboratively
- Must be an eager learner and a quick study
- Must take initiative but also be able to follow detailed instructions on certain assignments
- Must be comfortable asking questions, receiving feedback, and offering ideas/suggestions
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a small team and is willing to assist all other staff in carrying out tasks and activities, if needed.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and prioritizes the importance of treating fellow staff and all others who interact with the Foundation with the highest levels of respect.
- Ability to respond to new assignments with flexibility and good cheer while meeting deadlines and responsibilities for ongoing work.
- Intellectual curiosity, personal modesty, sense of humor and a strong desire to improve and enhance the health and wellbeing of all New Yorkers.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in line with similar positions at similar organizations. Exceptional benefits package.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Office and Program Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.